Wednesday 17 April 2013

I Wonder About Down Under......

So....


***BREAKING NEWS*** (Last week, the week before, the week before that, etc, etc,etc)


Black Caviar is coming back to Ascot with overly bullish Peter Moody to take not one, but maybe TWO sprint prizes then off to see Frankel for a bit of how's ya father, all this is set in stone, 'cos after Luke Nolan "mistook the winning post" at Ascot last year, (I saw it as being WAY to cocky against MUCH better horses than he's used too and nearly getting collared) The wonder from down under has "unfinished business" and wants to show Europe/The WORLD "the REAL Black Caviar" in our own back yard.....


***BREAKING NEWS*** (Part 2, just a few days later)


From out of nowhere, Black Caviar is not only retired, but retired TODAY with NO INTENTION of coming to Ascot, and not only this, but swerving Frankel to go to an Aussie stallion first....I just CANNOT get my head around this, the ONLY explanation I can rumble together in my tiny little brain is that this is Peter Moody's way of sticking two fingers up to us pommies.....'cos from a strictly business point of view, SURLY he should be advising the owners to meet Frankel at ALL COSTS 'cos it's a god given LICENSE to print money.....


The way Peter Moody has spoken has changed in the past week, from all this "unfinished business" malarkey to "i'm just happy we got her back from the brink" blah blah blah....am I the ONLY one who thinks that he just wanted the long standing group one winning record (14) of Kingston Town all to him/herself? Or am I just thinking too much....?

Moody was always slightly cheesed off by the scrambling manner of his wondermare's minimal victory margin at Ascot at odds of 1/6, so you can only imagine if Caviar was 100% sound, she would be going for another date with her Maj, I can only assume she is NOT 100%, dare I say INJURED!?!?!?!? She is reportedly "better than ever" after her 3 egg 'n' spoon wins since last year, so I for one don't buy the "go out when she is fully fit and at the top of her game" bollocks....if she REALLY was at the top of her game, and if she REALLY was fully fit, she'd be at Ascot already, I think FAR TOO MUCH emphasis is placed on "unbeaten" horses, and retiring unbeaten, as it demands a pretty penny in the sales ring, but this being said, SURLY a  date with Frankel, even if Caviar LOST (which I truly believe she would have) at Ascot, would pay handsomely.


I guess i've just got used to the brutal honesty of Sir Henry Cecil and his expert handling of both horse and punters alike during Frankel's career, raising concerns and dispelling myths , but always with a glint in his eye, so when I see a childish trainer playing a game of "no, no, NO!!!..you CANNOT see our horse anymore", even though for the last 11 months he has been coming, I guess I just begin to boil......

A constructive reason has NOT been given, just a melange of management gobbledygook to make the admirers purr, and the inquisitive question, don't get me wrong i'm patriotic, but I did, have, and always will admire the wondermare, but the main players in question deciding if, and indeed WHEN this love affair must end, seem either woefully out of touch, or incredibility dishonest, either way it just aint cricket, and let's face it, the Aussie's kinda suck at that too!

So, alas, Frankel x Black Caviar may have to wait, or may never even happen, i'm just happy and content I got to see them both at their collective peak, not meeting on the racecourse was upsetting but deal-with-able, but not meeting in retirement to continue the dream, well, that's a total travesty, I think in recent times we have lost touch/sight of who/what the REALLY important aspects are, NOT Sir Henry or Moody, NOT Juddmonte Farms, NOT Luke Noaln or Tom Queally, but those lovely, powerful, sublime creatures that, at will, blow the rest of their species out of the water without turning a hair.....THIS is something I, for one will never, EVER lose sight of......



Be Lucky!!!



£££PlacePotter£££

No comments:

Post a Comment